RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Issues with generating ebook html table of contents

Reply to topic    Readers Republic Forum Index » Literature View previous topic
View next topic

Issues with generating ebook html table of contents
jamespotter

Post Issues with generating ebook html table of contents Reply with quote
Hello,

I've just been struggling to get a manual table of contents to work when compiling an ebook.
I got it working eventually, but I thought I'd mention this if anyone else has any thoughts on it.
I have a project with several short stories in separate folders, each with chapters titled: 'Chapter One', 'Chapter Two' etc.
I created a page for my ToC and linked each text link to the correct chapter for my first story.
Whatever I did, when I compiled to Kindle I couldn't get the links to show up in the ToC page, they just came out as blank gaps between my Front and Back Matter pages.
After an hour or so, I discovered that the solution was to rename any duplicate chapter titles to unique names ('01 - Chapter One' , 02 - Chapter One') for each of the different stories.
Is this the correct behaviour for Scrivener compiling? Is it working as it should? Surely I can have duplicate text file names in my project without causing link errors?
Also, in the Compile settings, where I have to type the title of my Table of Contents - surely it would be better just to be able to browse for the correct file? When things weren't going right and my ToC wasn't being output, I was getting confused as to what the 'Table of contents Title' was alluding to - was it the Text file title or the title within the page?
Anyway, apart from a few stumbles I'm really enjoying V3

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.literatureandlatte.com/web/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41239
Explainer Video Production studio

Thank you
Tue May 22, 2018 12:34 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Readers Republic Forum Index » Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: